North Metro Animal Care & Control Fees
Pricing Effective 01/01/2021
Impound Fee (Covers first 24 hours of custody & care) $45.00
City Required Impound Fee (Cities of Blaine & Spring Lake Park ONLY) $50.00
Boarding Fees (Accrue daily after first 24 hours) $25.00/day
Veterinary Care (Reasonable/Necessary) Reimbursement of Actual Cost
Pick Up Fee During Business Hours $25.00
Pick Up Fee - After Hours/Sunday/Holiday $35.00
Rabies Vaccination and Certificate (If required for license application) $85.00
License Processing Fee (City of Princeton Only) when required for release $5.00
1. Pets are released during Regular Business Hours Only
2. Pets will only be released to their legal owner or the legal owner's representative.
3. All person(s) claiming pets must present a valid ID.
4. Proof of Pet Ownership (Pictures or Vet Records are acceptable).
5. All fees must be paid when your pet is released to you. (Payment Plans/Waivers may be available for qualified persons).
6. If your City requires a pet license, you will be given fourteen (14) days to have your pet vaccinated and Licensed. Please contact your City Offices to ensure that you are in compliance with all local animal regulations. Failure to comply with these ordinances may be a misdemeanor offense and can subject you to legal consequences that could include fines and the seizure of your pet.
7. East Bethel, Fridley and Princeton Residents: You MUST PROVIDE PROOF that your pet is properly licensed in your City BEFORE your pet can be released. If your pet is not licensed, our staff will provide guidance on how to proceed and claim your pet. (If your pet does NOT have a current Rabies Certificate, we are REQUIRED to have it vaccinated for you.
A charge of $85.00 Will be added to your bill).
Pets may be picked up any time during our Public Hours. However, there may be times when we are in the field handling animal calls. We recommend calling ahead to ensure there is an Officer available to assist you.